Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Blog Header

When I first created my blog header, I was aiming for something simple. After looking through all the blogs I've bookmarked over the years, the ones with a large volume of followers had a very sleek, clean design. Given this, I chose to add just a cream textured blog background to compliment my header. During the brief blog crit, Amy said the overall design was nice but the header looked a little sparse. By simply adding a colored background to the header, I think it punched it up and gave it a better feel. Throughout the semester, I've found I often focus too much attention on the foreground and don't give enough attention to the background. Another lesson learned.



4 comments:

  1. I agree. This looks great. What a difference a little change can make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look very good. It's professional and slick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice touch that adds depth to your design--I really need to work on remembering to layer in my designs. Might I suggest trying a contrasting color?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I did try a bunch of different contrasting colors -- including purple because my favorite color combo is dark green and purple (and, go Ravens!) but it just got a little too bold and colorful for my personal taste. (This coming from someone who has far too much black in their wardrobe hehe).

    ReplyDelete